There are two individuals who cannot get the ESPN Live Draft software to work. We have two options:
Hold our draft as an online chat (via MSN, or maybe hijack the MLive live chat room) -- in that case, I would print ESPN's top 200 and make your selection from there based on your roster/available player. If you are unable to make it, you can rank your top players, round preference, and I will make your picks based on your list and preferences.
This way, we can be sure that everyone (including our multiple first-time players) are able to get a fair draft.
Our other option is to switch to a different service. While I will likely be doing that next season, I would prefer not to have to set up a new one at this time.
I put a poll up on the Free League Site (with a copy of this email, and a link to the Mlive Live Chat Room: http://www.mlive.com/lions/chat/ )
Please let me know if you are able to get into the chat site. If everyone is able to, plan on being there by 9:15 on Wednesday for our draft. If you are nto going to be prsent, please email me your draft order/round preference by position before the draft.
Thanks for your help all!! Best of luck!!
Josh aka DetFan1979
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I voted for the MLive chat room because of the 2 who couldn't get the ESPN site to work - only seems fair to them. Logically, however, there should be another option: finding a way they can use the site. Software issues are often just downloading the latest version of Flash or whatever they are using. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out (unless, of course, the reason is an outdated system requiring a large investment into a new computer). I am one of the rookies this year so I am completely in the dark on all of this but it would seem the ESPN site for the draft would go much smoother. Either way, I am looking forward to getting whooped on and doing some learning in a completely opposite direction from my focus these past 8 years which has been finishing up my master's in nursing (graduation December 19!!!!).
One other thing: the original draft email had the time set at 9:00 pm, but the new email has it for 9:15 pm. Just need clarification.
Post a Comment